Do you have an image of what your “ideal version of yourself” is like? What does this version of “you” look like, think about, and enjoys doing?
Designing this description of your “ideal self” in as much detail as possible is the key to creating a higher self-value and gaining confidence. It will not only make you fall in love with yourself, it will also make it easier to let other people love you.
Be your own “dream man” or “dream woman”
When I wanted to find love in my life, I set out to create a list of my “dream man”, but before that I resolved to make myself the “perfect me”. After all, my perfect man deserves a perfect woman, right? I couldn’t just ask the Universe to send me this ideal creature and not be the woman I’m proud to be myself. I got to work on creating that refined version of Natalie that I knew I could become. I wrote a 3-page document, called the “Perfect Self” and listed all the qualities my “better self” could have. I thought about all the good habits I wanted to adopt and the bad habits I wanted to ditch; the type of activities my ideal self would be involved in daily; and the kind of values my perfect self would live up to.
Why should I strive to be my best possible version?
We are all a work-in-progress and unless we continuously evolve and become better versions of ourselves, we stagnate and lose the zest for life. All winners have a curiosity for learning and growing in all aspects – that’s part of our evolutionary human code. Knowing your weaknesses is just as important as knowing your strengths. What areas of your life do you think you could improve? What habits do you want to change? Which new characteristics do you want to adapt? Get to writing again and think about what words will describe the future “ideal you”.
Ask yourself this, “What can I do to improve and who do I want to become?”
Do you want to be more charitable and be more generous to others? Is being a better listener or communicator important to you? Do you want to become a healthier eater, and more active physically? Are you game to be more adventurous and try new activities? How about being more fearless and resilient? What type of person do you believe your “perfect partner” will fall in love with? I challenge you to write down 6-10 words that you see your future “ideal” self being:
How does your “Perfect Self” act and behave?
Now, get to work on developing yourself into that version of the “ideal you” that you’ve described on the list. Put habits in place to manifest the “ideal you” into reality. If you’ve written down that your perfect self is an active person, who exercises every morning – be that person. If your version of the ideal self is someone who is honest, charitable and grateful, then you better make sure to practice those qualities daily. Write out a plan of action for each of the attributes or habits you want to adapt. Make it into a schedule or calendar to activate your new habits, whether it’s going to the gym, doing volunteer work, or simply writing in your gratitude journal.
You won’t become this “perfect” version of yourself overnight, and it will take time and work from your side. But it’s important to start with that list and put an intention on the things you want to improve about yourself. Check back on the list often to see how much progress you’ve made and make any adjustments you see necessary.
Think about what activities your “ideal self” likes to engage in and which daily habits this person practices consistently.
Write these down below:
When you start making those habits part of your routine and you see yourself improving in areas of your life that need it, you start to appreciate yourself and become proud of the person you are turning into. Think about how you feel when you’ve completed a workout or stuck to your healthy meal plan for the day or the week. You feel pretty amazing don’t you? You feel proud and happy with yourself! Each time you stick to and solidify a new habit, your own self-value grows and becomes an integral part of how you see yourself – as a winner!
- Natalie Glebova, Inc.How to fall in love with yourselfDo you have an image of what your “ideal version of yourself” is like? What does this version of “you” look like, think about, and enjoys doing? Designing this description of your “ideal self” in as much detail as possible is the key to creating a higher self-value and gaining confidence. It will not only make […]
- Breaking through the fear of “not being enough”Probably the most common fear that I’ve experienced myself most often is the fear of “not being enough”. We often feel that we are not…
- #5 PRACTICE SURRENDER & GIVE LOVEWe often forget to do this and instead, we resist life, close ourselves up and get caught up in thoughts, worries and anxieties.
- #4 GIVE GRATITUDE FOR THE POSITIVESIt certainly is a big challenge to maintain the highest level of positivity in difficult times, and this is one of those times when we all need a reminder
- #3 STRENGTHEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEMIt’s so important to give your immunity a boost in this time when the risk of infection is so high.
- #2 IMPLEMENT SELF-IMPROVEMENT HABITSWhen was the last time in recent history and memory that we’ve had this much time to devote to self-improvement?
- #1 CREATE AND FOLLOW A ROUTINEDuring times of uncertainty, the best thing you can do is follow a routine. Why? Because having a routine in place, makes our minds feel secure and safe.
- YOUR GUIDE TO SURVIVING ISOLATION & ANXIETYHere are 5 guidelines to incorporate into your days. There’s no better time than now to take these into consideration
- “What is your superpower?” – 7 qualities to remind your kids they possessHere’s what my 3-year old daughter told me about her self-image. I was shocked…
- What to expect from me in 2020Hi friends, Natalie here! For those of you who are new here, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and tell you what you can expect to hear from me.
- Get Crowned, Jakarta!I’m very excited to announce the “Get Crowned & Book Signing” event in Jakarta, Indonesia, on Saturday, 1st February. If you have ever dreamed of wearing the Mikimoto crown, this is your chance – I’m bringing the original tiara that I wore as Miss Universe,
- My message to the delegates of Global Goals Model United Nations 3.0I had the great honor of being a speaker at this year’s GGMUN 3.0 symposium and conference for young leaders. 260 delegates from 40 countries took part in this important event to tackle the challenge of solving 17 Global Goals as set by the United Nations.
- Natalie Glebova and Dean Kelly coming to Miss Universe Panama 2019It’s just a month away and we will be back in Panama after 4 years since we visited last. Last time we came there just Dean and I. This time around it’ll be the three of us with Maya…
- Natalie Glebova teams up with Kary Ramos in Costa RicaThe reason for my visit, together with my husband Dean and daughter Maya is to do a 2-day empowerment training workshop called “Confidence of Winners.
- 5 Simple Tricks to Stop Emotional Eating For GoodHow do you overcome emotional eating? What needs to change in your thinking to stop the old mind patterns? Here are some tips to shift your mindset and try some simple tricks to break out of the unhealthy eating habits.
- Winning at IgniterCon Bangkok 2019What an enlightening experience it was to be part of Igniter Conference SEA 2019 which is part of the Corporate Innovation Summit, held here in Bangkok this past weekend! I met such incredible people from Silicon Valley (VCs, Investors and Stanford Professors) …
- A Gift from the Dalai LamaIt has been said by many spiritual authors and teachers that enlightened, highly evolved people vibrate at an elevated level, by being in the present moment and living in the “now”, thereby giving off that energy to anyone that comes into contact with them…
- 7 Qualities All Winners Possess: 7 – AwarenessWhen I talk about the quality of awareness, I mean having awareness on three levels. First, is simply awareness of the present moment. Second is being aware of yourself – who you are and who you want to be. Third is awareness of the world around you – paying attention to your environment, others and the […]
- 7 Qualities All Winners Possess: 6 – GenerosityGenerosity can make you happier, wealthier, and healthier! Giving is an act that brings intrinsic contentment. Doesn’t it feel better to give a gift than to receive one? That’s because when we make other people happy, our own happiness soars. True winners know the value that generosity provides – it feels good and fills our life […]
- 7 Qualities All Winners Possess: 5 – ConfidenceTrue confidence isn’t ego Confidence is a skill mastered through practice. People who enjoy what they do and believe they are good at it ultimately enjoy high levels of self-esteem. Confidence, just like any skill, can take many years to develop, countless hours to perfect, but once obtained is not easily shattered. Confidence in our abilities […]